work with me

Audio

Freebies

Grab your free quick tips to a more connected and empowered you!

Get Started

Let's get you living true to your dreams instead of true to your fears.

thank You

look for your freebie in your inbox!

Any procrastinators in the house?

Yeah, baby! Let’s do the “P.P.” dance, “Perfectionist Procrastinator Dance!” 💃lol. I’ve discovered that putting things off is like taking a loan out on my time and peace of mind in the future.

It often COSTS MORE (time/energy/happiness) to “pay it back” or do it later! When we put things off, the task will sit in the peripheral of the mind and drain energy.

What about putting off filling the car with fuel? Is it worth running out of gas later on your way to work? When I don’t want to/can’t do it now, I’ve learned to schedule a time for it on my calendar. When I take time to schedule, it’s not procrastination, it’s choosing to do it on my terms and it won’t drain my energy if I have it written down.

HOW MANY PEOPLE PROCRASTINATE?

According to Piers Steel, author of The Procrastination Equation, about 95% of people admit to putting things off. I’d argue that the remaining 5% are lying. haha. Come on . . . we all do it!

WHY DO WE PROCRASTINATE?
We procrastinate for various reasons, but one of the reasons is RESISTING. We put things off because we want to avoid, or resist, what we think will be:

  • Frustrating
  • Boring
  • Difficult
  • Ambiguous
  • Unstructured
  • Not fun (or intrinsically rewarding)
  • Lacking in personal meaning
  • Failure
  • Unclear if we are capable

The list goes on. . .
Procrastination is not logical.

It’s the result of the emotional part of your brain strong-arming the reasonable, rational part of your brain. You wanna know what else is crazy? Logic never wins over emotion! The stronger the emotion, the less logic is used.

So, when we think we suck, or that we will fail, or we don’t have a clear plan, our thoughts create emotion and we FEEL that “suckage.” We feel the suckage and naturally continue to think there’s more suckage in the future. Then we FEEL it again and again, and get caught in the spin cycle of negativity. Our emotion on the SUCKAGE and will win, every time!

Logic- the tactical side, the side that knows WHAT to do, just WON’T allow you to do it because of the negative emotion is more powerful.

SO WHAT CAN WE DO?

One thing I’ve learned is to use the power of choice. I can always choose to look through a positive lens and that will help change my emotion. If you’d like a 30 day thought transformation to overcome procrastination, you can check out my book here.

In order to LEVEL up your success you must FEEL that positive emotion. When you take action while in a positive emotion, you’ll be amazed to witness the universe shift to help you succeed faster!

That’s NEXT LEVEL stuff to explore, but for now, consider which lens you’re looking through. Is it serving you? Or do you want to “change your lens” so that you can change your emotion so that you can get things done?!

“Procrastinate now and pay for it later. Be proactive now and reap the rewards now and later.” Click here to download this quote.

The Real Cost of Procrastination

June 11, 2020

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

work with me

Audio

Freebies

Grab your free quick tips to a more connected and empowered you!

Get Started

Let's get you living true to your dreams instead of true to your fears.

thank You

look for your freebie in your inbox!